WMS Application Engineer
In 1976, in the small town of Skuldelev in Denmark, ten owner-operated hauliers joined forces and founded DSV – De Sammensluttede Vognmænd (The Consolidated Hauliers). Since then, DSV has evolved to become a world-leading supplier of transport and logistics. Today, DSV provides and manages supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family run business to the large global corporation. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – and help ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world.
At DSV Solutions we partner up with our customers to design and deliver logistics solutions, adding value by increasing operational and cost efficiency. We operate more than 300 warehouses comprising a total of 4,700,000 m2.
As a WMS Application Engineer you are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of our Warehouse Management System, RedPrairie Dispatcher. You will cooperate in a team consisting of twenty professionals to deliver first class support to our customers and our business.
- Implement and deploy setups and configurations of new sites/new customers;
- Analyze the process dependencies, define and build the related application configuration;
- Support, deliver and maintain according to standards set forward;
- Identify and specify required changes on applications;
- Develop test plans, scenario’s and secure successful execution;
- Validate, test, and accept version/releases of software;
- Cooperate with (project) team members and key-users;
- Cooperate with soft- and hardware suppliers;
- Document the project and application landscape and configuration to secure that proper support can be delivered;
- Identify, report and follow-up on issues;
- Identify and take into account core business requirements;
- Report development using different tools;
- Knowledge of Jasper Reports or SSRS is preferred.
- Understanding of RedPrairie Dispatcher/DLX WMS;
- Strong analytical skills and techniques to evaluate, interpret, and resolve complex problems;
- Structured and out of the box thinking;
- Vast experience in software development including testing, deployment, and documentation;
- Knowledge and experience of DBMS solutions (Oracle, SQL Server) is preferred;
- Affinity with Warehouse Logistics;
- Strong English language skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Willing and able to travel occasionally.
A challenging job in an international environment. DSV Also offers a good salary and secondary working conditions.