Warehouse Management System (WMS) Support Specialist
DSV is a global supplier of transport and logistics solutions. DS has offices in more than 70 countries and an international network of partners and agents, making DSAV a truly global player that offers services worldwide. The effective, professional solutions provided by the company's 22,000 employees enabled DSV to record worldwide revenue of 6.1 billion euro for 2013.
The second line support works closely with internal/external customers and vendors to gather and document requirements, coordinate changes and releases, and provide production support services for Logistics applications. The responsibilities will be a mix of support analyst, incident and change coordination. This role is ideal for a candidate with an aptitude for (ITIL) service support processes.
Place in the organization
The support reports to Global IT. We are looking for a person to work from DSV Moerdijk or Venlo.
- Support multiple applications and interfaces
- Assist users with issues and troubleshooting
- Document system errors or problems in issue tracking system
- Document and communicate issues with vendors and follow through until resolved
- Proactive involvement to identify requirements and strategic issues
- Document business processes, system requirements, and system design
- Work together with agile development team ensuring changes will be embedded into support services
- Design and develop support reports, ad hoc reports and database queries if requested
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvements (Problem Management)
- Other duties as assigned
- Deliver service according to the agreed service levels
- Be(come) the Applications expert (and/or other assigned applications)
- Deliver stable application configuration which adheres to business needs
- Skill development and knowledge sharing amongst colleagues
- Adhere to the standards set forward
Be the Warehouse Management System (WMS) (technical) expert (and/or other assigned applications)
Deliver stable and quality application configuration and development which adheres to business needs
Deliver 1st and 2nd line support according to service levels and required documentation.
- Experience with RedPrairie (JDA) Dlx Dispatcher (Dlx) WMS; is a strong preference;
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar role;
- Assertive and result-focused;
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills;
- Affinity with Warehouse Logistics. Experience in the logistics arena is a preference;
- Have a strong record of not only gathering and documenting requirements but anticipating, quantifying and resolving issues with requirements;
- Exhibit the ability to effectively act as a liaison between the internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience gathering, analyzing and documenting (technical and functional) issues and processes and effectively communicating these requirements to the development team;
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Experience and understanding of Logistics and/or Customs applications, technical environment and (business) processes;
- Have an IT background preferred in supporting logistics applications and good understanding of infrastructure elements;
- Preferred ITIL certified foundation and/or practitioner but at least a good working understanding of Service Management processes (Incident, Change, Release & Problem management);
- Independent worker and self-starter (pro-active);
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities;
- Willingness to learn new skills, multiple systems and data models;
- Structured and able to work with deadlines;
- Willingness to backup or transition as required by projects and priorities;
- Fluently writing as well as verbal in English.
DSV offers a varied and challenging job in an international environment, with excellent working conditions.