Technical Sales Support
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
At site Bakel, the Netherlands, we are looking for a full-time position within the Application Center (APC) Food. The Technical Sales Support assists the Regional & Country (R&C) and Solution sales responsible with expert knowhow in solutions for Frozen Food Applications. S/he is responsible for understanding the required technology and collecting pre-contract engineering and cost estimates and prepare a proposal to meet the client’s requirements. When needed, s/he obtains food samples for testing and use the results for calculations, both for standalone freezers as well as for complete and complex food line solutions.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Work out and propose complete solution concepts for budget and final quotation phase, including process flow, process description, feasibility check, risk analysis, capacity calculation and pre-calculation;
- Support sales with (direct) customer technical presentations, the preparation of project specifications, preliminary project schedules and the participation in handover meetings with Project Management;
- Consult with in-house engineers, Product Technology Centers, Supply Chain, vendors, and/or other individuals to determine estimates;
- Responsible for the continuous development and maintenance of standard proposal text;
- Update and maintain the CRM and financial database for assigned projects;
- Visit Customers together with R&C colleagues and trade fairs when needed;
- Clarify incoming orders for handover to Project Managers;
- Integrate non-GEA (3rd party) equipment into our line solutions, in alignment with R&C, Project Management and Supply Chain;
- Create and maintain a standard GEA application and solution database;
- Participate in project closeout meetings to gain and share knowledge;
- Contribute to team effort by completing all tasks as may be assigned by the manager;
- Support in training new (Sales) colleagues.
- Secondary or Tertiary education in Industrial, Mechanical, or Refrigeration Engineering;
- Minimum three years commercial and/or engineering experience is required;
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings is required;
- Understanding and experience of (frozen) food technology and/or refrigeration, preferably in hygienic food processing is considered a plus;
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and has a commercial drive;
- Excellent English communication skills verbal and written, preferable Dutch and any additional language is considered as an advantage;
- Willing and able to travel internationally (approximately 10 - 20 % of the time);